I don’t know about you but I am always scrambling to find the right craft for my group, especially finding one that is AGE appropriate.
For my memory care group, it’s hard to find crafts that are not childish. For my assisted/independent group it’s hard to find crafts that are purposeful and useful because they don’t want clutter. Then there’s the added complication of their physical abilities. The memory care group is very limited both physically and cognitively (following multiple steps). Anything too complicated will be frustrating and not enjoyable. For my independent/assisted living group, even though cognitively they are sharp, physically they often have difficulties ie. fine motor issues (sewing, drawing fine lines/details). So you can understand the conundrum us Activity Directors deal with regarding crafts!
So, I have compiled a short but refined list of my absolute top picks for Youtube Channels where I get most of my ideas from. Bonus! Most of these channels specialize in using dollar store materials for our oh so tiny budgets!
Ps. I am not sponsored by any of these channels or Dollar Tree, they don’t even know I have compiled this list, It’s simply the best craft resource I could ever provide!
- Krafts by Katelyn – top pick, always easy and age appropriate.
- Glue Guns & Roses – She is so thrifty and creative, you’ll love this channel for work purposes and enjoyment!
- Lone Fox – There’s a lot of home decor, but his crafts, especially clay crafts are great.
- Bargain Bethany – for all your ladies that like a little glam in their life
- DIY Home & Crafts – absolute gold content, often slightly more complicated but totally adaptable.
- The Crafty Couple – Same as above, slightly more complicated but if you do the prep work, most any ability level can do most of these crafts and they look amazing.
I hope these free resources provide you with as much value as they have me. Please share your favorite ideas in the comments below!